- Household Waste
- Special-Case Items (Described Below)
Any person who transports the following materials to the Transfer Station will be required to deposit them in the appropriate designated area or container. These items may not be mixed in with other solid waste or recycling materials. Ask the attendant for the proper disposal area.
- Tires: Fee listed on the Fees page
- Wooden Pallets: Accepted in small quantities only. Please call ahead for prior approval.
- White Goods: All types of non-refrigerated appliances including stoves, water heaters, dryers, washers, furnaces, etc.
- Salvage Metal Items (with oil and fuel removed): clean light irons, automobile springs, bicycles, metal containers, rear ends, metal wire, charcoal grills, lawn chairs (No metal items with fluids such as engine blocks, automobile transmissions, lawn mowers with engines attached, etc.)
- Others accepted at district discretion: uncontaminated bricks, boulders, concrete, rocks, dirt, and road demolition waste (accepted in small quantities only)
The District may reject any materials that are considered to be detrimental to the operation of the Transfer Station. Any materials that may attack, damage, alter, or obstruct the usefulness of the facility will not be accepted. Likewise, materials that my cause injury to the operators or users of the facility will not be accepted. These materials include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Agricultural Equipment
- Animal Wastes
- Asbestos: No products with any percentage of asbestos, acceptability at the discretion of the attendant on duty
- Biological Waste
- Dead Animals
- Fire Extinguisher
- Grease from restaurants
- Hospital Waste
- Hot loads
- Household Hazardous Wastes* (including acids, antifreeze, ballasts, batteries, flammables, light bulbs, gasoline, gasoline cylinders, kerosene, oil, oil filters, paint, pesticides, poisons, propane tanks, solvents, thinners, etc.)
- Human Waste
- Infectious Waste
- Large metal containing machinery, equipment, and motor vehicles
- Liquid Waste
- Medical Waste – See the Upcoming Events calendar for local prescription drug collection events
- Propane Tanks/Compressed Gas Cylinders
- Radioactive Materials
- Refrigerated Appliances*
- Septic Tank Sludge
- Yard Waste* (including brush, tree logs, tree trunks, tree limbs, saplings, stumps, brush, bushes, Christmas trees, shrubs, wood chips, grass clippings, leaves, plants, sawdust, pine needles, etc.)
Information about the disposal of these unacceptable items can be found on the Waste Removal Contacts page within our site.
* The categories marked by an asterisk are addressed at the Lawrence County Compost, HHW, or Refrigerant facility pages containing the necessary information for disposal.
Lawrence County Solid Waste
3326 Mitchell Road
Bedford In 47421
ALL OF OUR LOCATIONS WILL BE CLOSED ON MONDAY SEPTEMBER 4TH
WE HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY LABOR DAY!