The Lawrence County Solid Waste District does not accept electronics for recycling.
Advantage Cartridge PAYS for used ink cartridges and small electronics!
- Click here to find out how you can get paid to recycle your empty inkjet, toner, and laser cartridges, cell phones, ipods, and other small electronics!
- Advantage Cartridge will send you a collection box, pre-paid shipping labels, and packing instructions. All you have to do is put a collection box at home, in your office, or in your classroom, collect the specified amount of items, and send them to Advantage Cartridge! They recycle all the items they receive and will pay you for them!
BEST BUY accepts electronics in any condition for recycling.
2721 E 3rd St
Bloomington, IN 47401
Limit of 3 items/household/day.
Will accept all types of monitors and televisions 42 inches or smaller.
STAPLES accepts most electronics for recycling.
2815 East 3rd Street
Items accepted for free recycling at Staples (limit of 6 items/household/day):
- Desktop computers
- Laptops, tablets, eReaders
- Desktop printers, copiers, scanners, faxes, all-in-ones
- UPS/battery backup devices
- Peripherals including mice, keyboards, modems, routers and PC speakers
- Small electronics including GPS devices, digital cameras, MP3 players, mobile phones and cordless phones
- External hard drives and small servers
Prohibited items not accepted for recycling:
- Floor model copiers and printers
- Large servers
- Stereo/home AV equipment
- Alkaline batteries
- Rechargeable batteries larger than 12 pounds
WATCH HOW ELECTRONICS ARE RECYCLED!
Here is a complete list of Electronics Recycling Ideas, as suggested by Joan Ward’s junior high class in Maine!